Monday, May 7, 2018

Less Is More #370: Sketch Challenge

This weeks challenge at Less Is More is a sketch, this is challenge 370, sketch 23.  

I'm on the fence about the sentiment embossed on black card stock.  I see so many cards with this style and really like it; but maybe it's not working well on the Kraft card stock base.  And maybe its just me.  :D






My Dad sent me a beautiful set of Farber-Castell watercolor pencils years ago just before he passed away.  Sadly they have been collecting dust all this time, but these will be getting more use going forward.  I first stamped the leaves with Distress Antique Linen.  Then I colored the leaves with the watercolor pencils.  After drying, I stamped the leave again with Distress Crushed Olive.  I really like how they turned out. 



The card stock (kraft and black) is from My Favorite Things.  The leaf stamps are from Create a Smile-Time to Say Thanks; the sentiment is from WPlus9-Fresh Cut Florals.  Don't know who makes the little bling dots, they were loose in my stash.

Thank you for stopping by. 
Carole

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, those leaves are really pretty! I love your use of inks and the watercolor look. I adore white sentiments on black card, it's my favorite style, so your sentiment totally works for me! Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sentiment strip looks perfectly fine to me. Love the muted kraft and green shades, wonderfully calming for a thinking of you card.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  3. another great take on a sketch, carole! those leaves are so pretty and I like the way you did the sentiment strip, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete